by: Matthew Ellison, President Sixteen:Fifteen
7 Questions for Church Leaders to Help Evaluate Effectiveness in Mission:
- Communing – Have we sought and heard God’s heart for our involvement in fulfilling the Great Commission?
- Consensus – Does our leadership share a unified passion to extend the gospel of Jesus Christ to those outside of its reach?
- Cost – Do we have a God-centered motive strong enough to engage the sacrificial commitment of our people and resources?
- Champion – Has God raised up a torchbearer who will champion this cause among us?
- Calling – Have we focused informed attention on the area of the world God is calling us to reach?
- Connection – Are we working with like-minded agencies and field partners to maximize our time, talents, and treasures?
- Commitment – Are we prepared to accept responsibility for taking the resurrected Christ’s words as our mission?